Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kayla day 50





This ride is diffidently a roller coaster, I was so happy and excited yesterday but today I was down. We are just getting so close that I want Kayla to just be home, it's so hard to wait now when we are getting so close. I was also bummed today because day nurse fed Kayla at 12p and when she gets that she's not a hungry for her 3p feed when I come in. I tried to nurse but Kayla really didn't have much of an interest, so then I tried the bottle. She took 7cc's she was pretty tired so not really into the whole mama feeding her today. After feeding Kayla was pretty out of it and I was "out of it" as well. So I just got her all comfy on me and just rested, thinking about the future. Christmas she will be 6 months old already, what sports she might do, what type of attitude she may have? I love to think about the future and what I get to experience with her as my child now and I just can't wait, so that brightened my day a bit. Later Mike and I went in a little bit earlier to see Kayla because mom was bringing grandma. We brought Grandma today because Jill one of Kayla's nurse practitioners used to work with my Grandma in labor and delivery at St. Joe's 30 years ago. So they got to meet each other again tonight and catch up. It was so fun to listen to them remember all the names of the doctors they worked with, and other friends in labor and delivery. After Kayla was done with her feeding Mike and I decided to let Grandma hold her great grand-daughter. It was so sweet we turned up the lights so she could see Kayla's face, and Grandma just loved it we got it on video so I will see if I can share that on here for you all. It was so cute listening to her talk to Kayla and so cool for me to see my grandma as a great-grandma to Kayla. Mike also feed Kayla tonight, she is up to 46cc's of breast milk. It seems that whenever we get Kayla up to more than half on her feed they then increase her amount, we can't keep up but she did take 22cc's. The most exciting new of the day....we have a 5 pounder!!!!! Yes, Kayla is 5lbs and 1 oz today and she really is starting to look more and more like an infant than a preemie anymore. So, so sweet great way to end the night. Thank you grandma for coming I'm sure Kayla loved her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment