Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Kayla day 37


Happy Anniversary to us today, five years and loving each other even more each year. :) To celebrate tonight Mike and I went in to see Kayla. But before that I had gone in for Kayla's 3pm care, my mom had also come today to see her grand-daughter. Kayla had a pretty good day, she has slowed down on the desats since we had regressed in the last couple of days. So we are back to having fewer during the day, yeah. I was able to nuzzle with Kayla today, she did really well I can't wait for Monday. Then I held her for her feed after her nuzzle, Kayla was a good girl and didn't desat for me during her feed that's #2 for no desats during her holds. I hope she might be able to keep that up? She did have a desat after her feed, but I don't count that one.
Mom and I talked to Kim, Gage's mom she was my neighbor when we were both on hospital bed rest, now Gage and Kayla are neighbors in NICU, very cute. But exciting news for them is that Gage may be able to go home on Sunday! It will be bittersweet as they leave so exciting for them to have him home but I'm also going to miss them. I think Kim and I will keep up with each other as this experience has really been nice for us both to have the other going through the same thing. I really appreciate her and her family.
I had also talked to the nurse about moving Kayla to her open crib, although she has hit 4lbs it takes a few days to get her used to room air. So hopefully by her 6 week mark next week, she might be in her open crib? Mike and I came in later that night to celebrate, we told her to be good during her hold and success #3 no desats during her hold with daddy tonight. So so proud, she just continues to get bigger and make more room for those lunges to expand. Speaking of bigger she gained another ounce tonight and is at 4lb 1oz. Kayla is growing fast but was the smallest baby of the bunch when we came in to NICU. I had talked to the other mom that was there tonight with her son and they are leaving tomorrow. So if Gage gets to leave on Sunday Kayla will be the last of her crew to leave, so that means that we are getting so much closer to our journey home!! Can't wait.
To finish our anniversary day Mike and I said our good nights to Kayla and went to Old Chicago's for their big cookie, yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment