Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kayla day 42 (6 weeks old)



Kayla is six weeks old today, so weird to think we have been at the hospital every day for nine weeks now. I believe it is 60 days today of Mike going to the hospital starting from when I went on bed rest. Crazy! Quiet day for Kayla this morning, rough day for me. I am sure all preemie moms have these days, but I was just down. I didn't want to go to the hospital today to see Kayla I wanted her home with me. I didn't want to pump today I just wanted Kayla to breast feed. I was just down, and in a bad mood. Kayla always makes my day better and I was excited to go in to see her and possibly breast feed today again or maybe just do the bottle. But Sue her day nurse had fed Kayla at 12p and they don't like Kayla to get feeds one after the other. So I wasn't able to bottle or breast feed when I came in. :( Sue did feel bad and forgot that I usually come in at 3pm everyday. But it didn't make my already down day much better, so Sue said Kayla and her will make it up to me by doing a bath tomorrow. I enjoy doing anything that makes me feel even more like a mom so I am already looking forward to tomorrow. So like I had said Kayla has had a pretty quiet day, a couple of desats but none of them needed extra oxygen. She took two bottles one of 12cc's and the other at 15cc's, they feed Kayla a bottle every other feed now, she's slowly learning to wake up and know it's time to eat. Soon enough she will start to cry for her feeds when she gets hungry. She was able to stay at 25% oxygen today and is still getting 40cc's of breast milk. Mike and I came in at 9pm, I told Sue to tell night nurse to skip the bottle for Kayla 6pm feed so Mike could bottle feed at 9pm. Jeremy and Liz came in tonight to see Kayla, first time they have seen her in her open crib and watching us get her out. They really enjoyed seeing Kayla move and make all her new cute sounds. Kayla took 18cc's of her bottle but had a little bit of a hard time with her desats. This was expected because right before we had come in Kayla got her eye exam, and great news came with it. Still no ROP which is the best news, the rest is that the eye Dr said Kayla's eyes just looked wonderful, and so pretty. :) So Kayla will get one more eye exam in two weeks, this will be the last before she gets to come home. Kayla also skipped 5oz and is 4lbs 6oz now, so very happy news to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment