Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kayla day 35 (5 weeks old)



Kayla is 5 weeks old today!! When I went in for Kayla's 3pm care today the nurse told me that she has not had to turn Kayla's oxygen or pressure up once today. I was hoping and praying that meant we were past these desats, this was the day 7/14. I was happy to see that Kayla's giraffe cover was off and they are slowly getting her ready for the open crib, yeah! I went in and looked at Kayla, her face was kinda scrunched up and when I saw her I knew that today wasn't the day yet. I then told the nurse we might be getting some desats during her feeding I could just see it in Kayla's face. When we had gotten her out to hold her, she pooped right then and it was a good big one. So I thought well maybe that was why her face was all cute and scrunched and we will have a really great day? Kayla did well for the first half hour of her feeding and then desated, and desated big time. Kayla had spit up some of the milk but instead of actually spitting it out she choked on it a bit instead which caused her not to breathe. So her level went down to 7, that is low too low. The nurse and I were able to get her back up but Kayla didn't want to stay up and going from having little to no desats in the morning Kayla had seven in 40 minutes. How rough is that, you think your out of the woods and BAM reality hits. So I put Kayla back in her incubator and waited until all her numbers came back down again. Kayla normally sits at 25% oxygen and one on her pressure. Because of her episodes she was on 45% oxygen and 3 for her pressure. After about 45 minutes we were back at Kayla normal numbers and I felt comfortable leaving her alone. Later when we came back for 9pm cares, Kayla wasn't to naughty after I had left and was at about 27% oxygen when we got in, so not to much higher than her normal. Mike took her temp and changed her diaper, then we weighted her. Kayla has skipped 13oz and is now 3lbs 14oz only two ounces away from 4lbs. Maybe she will give Mike and I a 4lb anniversary present on Friday? Mike told Kayla that she had to be really good for him while he held her during her feeding tonight and Kayla listened. She did very well during her feeding she desated around her normal time which is about a half hour into her feed but was able to get back up without having to go to high on her numbers. Kayla was holding on to Mike's finger as we were about to put her back into her incubator to say good night, but when Mike tried to take his finger from her she squeezed it back into her hand, she did it five times. I will quote Mike again by him saying, "Okay Kayla, yes you can have what ever you want." Kayla then let go of his finger and we were able to put her back, so Kayla has daddy officially wrapped around her finger already and she knows it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment