Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kayla day 49



Fantastic day today, i went in at 3p wondering if I could still breast feed with Kayla since I had just pumped an hour and a half before. But Joy our nurse for the day said it should be fine and got us all set up. Kayla did amazing, she latched on right away today and did five minutes on one side. Then latched on right away on the other side as well and stayed latched for 10 minutes. She did so great, we then put 30cc's of breast milk into a bottle to see if she might still be up for it? (She has 44cc's usually, we took out 15cc's for the breast feed.) So after the breast Kayla made me the proudest mom ever by finishing her bottle. Kayla took a whole feed today!!!! I got so excited, I was all giddy, I left Mike a message saying he needs to catch up at work because Kayla is going to be coming home soon. I was overjoyed for the rest of the day. It got me all motivated to get more stuff done at home so we are ready for Kayla when she really does get to come home. Mike and I went in at 9p Kayla was a little tired and took 15cc's for Mike, still good. She weighs 4lbs 15oz, there is a good chance Kayla could be 5lbs tomorrow and she is still a month away from her actual due date. Such a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment