Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kayla day 28



Happy 4 weeks old to our precious little one, I can not believe she will be a month old this coming Friday. I am glad to say it has gone quicker than I thought it might. I went in to see Kayla today at 3pm and found out that she got her eye exam today. Poor thing nurse said she did good but didn't like it at all. She got so upset that she desated to 7, now that's really low, yikes. But she got back up and the nurse turned her around in her incubator to the darker side so it wouldn't be so bright on her eyes. I was able to get her out and hold her for a good hour and a half today during her feeding and she only desated once on me during that time. Five desats for morning shift today, getting better everyday. But the best news of the day and so you all know prayers work because Kayla does not have ROP, the eye condition that can cause blindness. So thank you Lord for those answered prayers, they weren't able to tell much more because Kayla's eyes are still to immature so she will get another eye exam in two weeks. :( Poor thing, but it's quick and good to get it checked. Mike and I came in again for 9pm cares Kayla is 3lb 7 oz, she did have a bit of a harder time during holding tonight. I nuzzled for a little while then handed her over to Mike, she did desat more than she usually does but she had had a rough day today and considering that it wasn't to horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment