Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kayla day 77


My first full day with Kayla, I am so tired I stayed up way to late last night working on the announcements, so cute!! So I went in at 9a today for give Kayla her first feed, during that time it was rounds so I was able to talk to Dr. Zarlingo in person. Her goal is to still have Kayla home this weekend, so we are going for it. Kayla is doing pretty good on her feeds just being real slow, I guess tomorrow and Friday are big days for her. Because Thursday will be three days from when the tube was pulled, and Friday will be three days from when the reflex medication was started. I guess day three tells the nurses and dr's a lot if one she keeps up on her feeds, and if two the reflex meds are helping her? Kayla had to get her feeding tube put back in a day three the last time we tried taking it out, so I hope it works out this time?? She then said Kayla needs to gain weight, and she should be able to go home. So now it's so weird because the nurses are starting to say their good byes, and give hugs. I'm thinking is this really real, could this really be happening? I was also given some of Kayla's discharge items, like a CD of all her ultrasound and x-ray images as well as papers on CPR, and her medical papers. Crazy! So 9a was a little bit of a hard feed for her because of all the distraction I think. I then went to run some errands and got some more of the necessary items from babies r us, grabbed some lunch and was back at the hospital for her 1p feed. she did much better at this feed, but didn't finish all of it she ended with taking 40cc's so at least we are over half. I then went home after that to let Bailey out and get her some lunch as well as grabbing a quick nap cause I was so tired. So back at 5p for her next bottle which she did really really well on. She was awake the whole time and took the full bottle of 60cc's. After her bottle I took Kayla out of a stroller ride, Mom met up with me while we were outside enjoying the nice weather. Then Mom, Mike and I were able to grab some dinner before returning for the 9p cares. Best news of the night Kayla gained weight and not just some but 2oz!!! That puts her hat 6lbs 13oz now, Dr. Zarlingo is going to be so excited of us. :) Mike was able to get 62cc's from Kayla on her bottle tonight which is so so wonderful, she is just doing fantastic. Now word is spreading around NICU that we might be going home this weekend so more nurses are giving hugs and saying good bye. Still can't believe it yet, we must be heading out the door for this to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment