Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Kayla day 58



Another crazy day for me I feel I'm getting to anxious. I am so over not having my daughter home with me. I'm frustrated because it again seems like we are going backwards instead of forwards. We have been doing so well on Kayla's bottle feeds those last couple of weeks but now she is just taking less and less. It's so hard because I always hear the nurses tell me it will happen. She will be home so soon, she'll get it, .... on and on. I'm just done with hearing the same thing over and over again. And I hate to think that because I don't want them to force bottles on Kayla I want her to be able to learn this on her own time but at the same time..come on!! PLEASE, I'm trying to get my mind off the whole situation by thinking about my second baby shower tomorrow. It will be at Aunt Mary's with a bunch of my family, which I know will be so much fun. So I'm trying they again have increased Kayla's breast milk to keep up with her weight. I went in at 3p again today to try and breast feed, but Kayla was not interested. I think I am going to talk to lactation on Monday and see if there is anything I need to do differently to try and help. I just watched Kayla sleep today in her little crib and just thought how beautiful she is. She looks like a newborn baby now, and is actually out growing her preemie clothes and fitting into newborn a lot better. She didn't take much of her bottle after trying breast and we went to tube. Mike and I came in later Kayla hasn't taken a full bottle for a couple of days now. :( But Mike was still able to give her a pretty good feed. She weighs 5lbs 12oz now she is going to 6lbs really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment