Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kayla day 70




Wow, 10 weeks old today.
Alright no more wishing Kayla will get home by this weekend, or the next weekend, etc. It's to much for one brain to handle, I have decided to switch it "I just want Kayla home by her due day" which is August 30th. That's all my prayer is now, she can take her time in getting there but I just pray she is home by then. We had a pretty good day today with bottles, she took 50cc's for three of them 64cc's for one and two at 35cc's. Because she is at such a good weight she needs to be having close to 70cc's at each feed, which is six feedings in 24hours. She is taking her time, she isn't as aggressive as some other babies, as if she just isn't as hungry. She takes her time with the bottles and seems to take almost an hour to just finish one. So Mike and I do feel that we are making head way, again we see that light at the end of the tunnel it's just not really bright yet. Mike got off work early to feed Kayla at 5:30p tonight because he had another double header for softball. I then stuck around to finish up that bottle for him when he had to leave then stuck around because my mom was coming to see Kayla. We decided to take Kayla out on a little stroller ride, then we ate dinner with Kayla in the cafeteria at the hospital. It was fun having her there with us while we ate. :) By the time we got back upstairs the NICU was getting pretty busy. There was an anepartum mom that has been holding her twins inside on bedrest for almost 3 weeks. I think they are around 31 weeks gestation now, anyway she had them today so NICU is full of boys. There are 6 little baby boys in there and Kayla the princess of the group and the biggest right now too. GO GIRL!!! Because they were all so busy I decided to stay and give Kayla her 9pm bottle, Kayla was still pretty out of it and tired but I managed to get 45cc's in before we left. All in all it's a good day, I'm am starting to just take these days as they are, just regular days that get us to the next day. It will go fast and soon enough Kayla will be home. As we learned from the very beginning it's not up to us, it's up to her.
Love you my sweet Kayla, no matter what, you make me a proud mommy everyday.

Oh and because of the switch to demand feedings Kayla is down another .6 in her weight which puts her at 6lbs 7.4oz. That's only an ounce in weight loss which I guess isn't bad at all so we will just try and keep up the bottle process until she gets it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment