Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kayla day 69




Mike and I had a done day today. When I got up this morning I meant to go to Target and run some other errands, but I didn't want to go with out Kayla. So I decided to spend the day with Kayla instead. Kayla is doing pretty well on her feeding by demand, she look more then 40cc's with each bottle last night. Then she took 52cc's and 50cc's of her bottles during the day. I tried breast feeding again today, Kayla still isn't latching very well. So at least we tried, so we switched to bottle, I think that always throws her off because she choked a bit when I switched to the bottle and had a pretty big spit up. Poor thing she spit up through her nose and mouth and cried, she doesn't cry very often at all. So we had to switch out her nose cannula and change her outfit. I spent the rest of the day with Kayla until we have to be kicked out at 7p when it was time to switch nurses. I went to pick up Kayla's crib mattress today, we are getting so close to being completely done with Kayla's room. I will show pictures when it's complete. :) I then picked up Mike from the house and took him to Lil Ricks pizza where, dad, mom, and Adam were. They were sweet enough to get dinner for us, then Mike, Adam and I all went to see Kayla. Mike was able to get Kayla to finish another 50cc bottle, Kayla did lose weight tonight though but not much. She lost .6 so she is at an even 6lbs 8oz now. We just pray that she will gain, if she gains weight from these feeds then it's home. So many obstacles that we have to get through, Mike and I are really done with this whole driving to the hospital every night. We just want to stay home with Kayla and not take that drive anymore for a long time. Just a done day. :/

40, 40, 40, 50, 50, 35 6lbs, 8.0oz lost .6

No comments:

Post a Comment