Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kayla day 1 (28 and 3)




Because I had such a bad night last night I was not able to go see Kayla. I was cramping and thinking I was going through contractions, I kept wondering why the monitor wasn't on to keep an eye on Kayla's heart rate, and I kept rubbing my belly thinking Kayla was still in there. So 12 hours later after I had given birth to my baby at about 10am I was able to see my daughter. Mike took me down in the wheelchair I was still in my maternity gown and I hadn't taken a shower yet but I didn't care. My moment had come, I stood up from the wheelchair and looked into her little incubator bed and cried. My little girl is really here and she is doing well, she was so tiny I wished so bad I could just pick her up and hold her. But all I was able to do was reach my hand in and touch her, but what a moment that was. It was amazing Mike and I made this little girl, she was ours and she was beautiful. I just starred at her forever, wishing I would never have to leave her. Wow, Kayla is a day old today. It is so hard to believe she is actually here, I love it but it is so weird to look down and not see a belly anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment