Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kayla day 13



What a great day with Kayla today. I received a call this morning from the Dr letting us know that the pic line for one is doing well, no issues. The culture they had taken when her counts we up has come out negative. They have been able to move up her amounts of milk as the day progresses. She was able to hold down the 1cc to 2cc's yesterday so today with every other feed they will add 1cc so today she was up to 6cc's of milk. She had a head ultrasound yesterday they notices a slight gray area on her brain but say it's a class one meaning it's more like a bruise than anything else and we shouldn't be concerned about it in the long run. But they will do another head scan in a week to make sure it is not growing. Then they also were able to turn Kayla's oxygen pressure down to a two and she is tolerating that very well. So because she is doing well at two tomorrow she may be able to go on only oxygen. Mike and I are so proud of her today. Today was Mike's first day back at work, he missed Kayla very much but I updated him on her through out the day. I went in to see Kayla earlier today with my cousin Elias, my aunt Mae and her mom. I then got to hold Kayla for about 45 minutes, she did so well kept her eyes open for me and looked around for close to 10 minutes she also smiled today. I know they say that's only gas but I will take it as a smile. :) I then went back around 8pm with Mike and mom so Mike got to hold her this evening and mom enjoyed seeing Kayla outside her little incubator home. Kayla also opened her eyes with Mike for awhile and again smiled at him, she is just so precious we love these memories we are already making with our daughter. I hope all days and be filled with news like this but we know this is a roller coaster ride and we will just keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment