Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kayla day 20


Wow 20 days today that seems so strange. Even more strange to hear that since my bed rest Mike and I have been at the hospital every day for the last 39 days. That is crazy to think about, at least thinking back I feel it went a little quick instead of feeling like it really has been 39 long days. Kayla is doing well again today she can still remain at room temperature when asleep and still in her incubator but we have to turn her oxygen up when we hold her. She continues to desat and again it's just so hard to get used to. I was holding her today and she desated close to 10 to 15 times. That means the machine going off that many times. That also means me looking at my daughter and seeing the color in her face turn to a white. She really is fine, there is nothing wrong with what she is doing but it's just scary and hard because as her mother I want to be able to fix that for her and make her take a deep breathe when I have no control, she just has to learn. The way the Dr puts it, inside my belly she doesn't have to breathe yet here she is and we are asking her to breathe completely on her own and to try to remember to take a deep breathe when she forgets after a while. We are getting there this will be something she learns as she grows, and she is growing she added a half ounce to her weight tonight so hopefully by tomorrow she will be at 2lb 15oz? We will see, but we are still just so proud of her for everything she is accomplishing when she really is still so little. Love you Kayla keep it up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment