Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kayla day 10 (29 and 5)


Another great day for Kayla today. Mike and I went in to go see her around 1:45pm with Papa Fye, I got to hold her right away today. She had her eyes open for close to 10 minutes while I held and talked to her. I kept telling Kayla how I can't wait until I get to bring her home some day. I was having a hard time with that today realizing that it will be so long until we actually get to bring her home. But I know I can do it and once life starts to get a bit more normal and I am able to get back to a normal active life it will go a lot quicker than it is now. It is exciting to know that she will be 30 weeks on Monday! The other exciting news for today was that Kayla did so well on her feedings every six hours yesterday that they started doing feeding every three hours today. So far so good, she even had a good poop so we know things are going through and working well. Kayla was also able the get the big velcro circles off the sides of her face, they checked her jandice levels and she is at a good enough level that she shouldn't have to be under photo therapy again! Mike got to hold Kayla after I had my turn for almost 45 minutes today, Kayla did so well. They have you check her temperature to make sure she is staying warm and she was doing great. While Mike was holding Kayla Papa got to see his son holding his daughter it was so sweet watching him watch Kayla and get all excited when she made her small movements. We just keep praying that Kayla will continue to have these great days and she just grows, and grows nice and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment