Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

24 Weeks

What a roller coaster appointment yesterday. I had my 24 week apt with Dr. Becker at 2pm, this was also my blood glucose draw so hopefully those results come back good. First I had the hardest time finding a place to park, and ending up on the 5th level of the parking garage. It's difficult for a pregnant woman to get around so having to park so far away was already tough. Dr. Becker then did an alpha protein swab this can indicate a possible early delivery. Or a delivery that could come in the next two weeks, then we did the cervix check. Looked good to me but the technician didn't say anything while scanning, and then took some quick not so good blurry pictures of the babies. (If I was ever a ultrasound tech and would try hard to get a good pic of the baby for the mom's to take home.) After that it was back to the waiting room then called back for the glucose blood draw, I was bummed that I forgot to have them do a thyroid check with my blood draw so I will have to add then in my next appointment. After Dr. Becker measured my stomach which is measuring 34 weeks, and I'm only 24, (I am going to be so big) she showed me my ultrasound pictures of my cervix. What she saw was a funnel of black that was coming down the cervix, she said it looked like the water bag and I need to go see Dr. Adelberg to confirm, but because of this I will need to start bed rest that day. First I would need to be monitored for contractions and get my alpha protein results back. If I showed I was having contractions I could be admitted to the hospital, and if my alpha protein came back positive I could need a steroid shot for the babies. So my world just turned upside down, she was asking how I was going to tell parents about me being on bed rest. If I had some sort of help with Kayla and telling me what I can do while I lay in bed all day, and hopefully at home and not in the hospital. So I cry, freak out a bit about money issues, call Mike hope to not cry while talking to him but I can't keep it in. Mike was so positive usually I am the one who stays more positive in situations like this but he was my rock when I needed him. While I am walking to Dr. Adelbergs office everything is going through my mind, can Adam move in with us, what am I going to tell the parents. How are we going to handle this financially, I take a deep breathe and call my mom to update her. She can't believe it, so close to when I went in with Kayla and we thought everything was going so well. But she was staying positive too. I got to Dr. Adelbergs, while waiting to be called back I cry again these situations are tough, adding on pregnancy hormones does not help. I got called back and they put me on the contraction monitor and left me in the room until a room became available. I was thankful to see no action on the monitor, it stayed a very nice straight line the whole time. When a room became available I went in for another cervix check. When the tech looked she said it looked normal to her, I didn't know what that meant I was still in shock. The tech then told me to watch the black area on the ultrasound while they pushed on my stomach, when they did this my water sac should be protruding out but it wasn't. They tried this twice and both times noticed that the fluid didn't change, so I felt happy about this but still didn't know what it meant for bed rest and future. Finally Dr. Adelberg came in, and settled all my concerns, the black they are seeing must be mucus which also shows up black in an ultrasound. She doesn't think it could be amniotic fluid because nothing changed both times they pushed on my belly. So I can still work, but they were still up in the air about the steroid shot. Thankfully my alpha protein came back negative, and I was finally able to go home, I was there for three hours, cried three times and was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. But I do have to keep my life calm, no exercise, not much lifting, and sitting with my feet up as much as I can. This is much better than bed rest, I pray I can continue to stay "together" my next appointment in two weeks with Dr. Adelberg again. This will be at 26 weeks, it will be crazy to be home at 26 weeks with two babies healthy in my belly, even more crazy at 28 weeks, but I can do it with God's help of course. :)Keep the good positive prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment