Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kayla Sick

Well we have been some very fortunate parents in that Kayla has not been sick very often in her first years. But this past week she has been very sick, not just her but almost everyone in child care as well. On Tuesday I have six children and all but one wasn't sick, so I called that one child's parents and asked them not to bring their child to this sick home until I disinfected. But I wasn't able to do much because Kayla was so out of it, she started with a 102 temp. and sleep a lot so we knew something was coming. Then later that day I got a text that one of the babies had RSV, so scary. Thankfully it was the very early stages so no hospitalization was needed, good news since he is only 10 months old. As Wednesday came I was open again but noticed another child wasn't feeling to well, his temp was 101.5 and he had to go home and I later found out that he had a mild case of RSV as well. I checked Kayla's temp again and she had gone up to 103, nervous that she was getting what the boys had, we started Tylenol and the humidifier hoping it would start to help. By Friday Kayla's temp reached 104, she wasn't getting better she was only getting worse. Knowing that two kids had RSV I knew I needed to take Kayla in to make sure she didn't have it as well. Appointment was at 2:30pm, we found out good news that Kayla did not have RSV and her lungs sounded great but bad news she had a horrible double ear infection, poor thing. She was prescribed Amoxicillin and ear numbing drops we noticed a difference right away when we put the drops in. Kayla had not been sleeping well and after those drops were in she had a great afternoon nap. So she has been getting better and finally back to her normal self. We are just so blessed that this was her very first ear infection and she is 20 months old which is pretty amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment