Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jordyn Day 11

We had a good day today, Mike and I were able to go in for Jordyn's 7pm cares today and because I was able to chat with the nurse practitioner earlier today I was able to finally get the go ahead to nurse Jordyn with a full breast. So so thankful, that we get to finally take a step forward in this NICU process. I have been so down about this NICU experience, I feel God has taught us so much patience in our lives with Kayla being in NICU for three months, with Bailey unknown sicknesses and with small things like budgeting and waiting for even the small things that others might take for granted. I feel that I should for some reason be exempt now and because I made it to 36 weeks I shouldn't have to be tested with patience anymore. So it's a hard place to be when you get angry with God sometimes with not understanding why he chooses to give you these challenges. But I know there will be a reason for it all, it's just a process that I will get to in my own time. I am still so thankful for my three girls and knowing that they are healthy and I will get to bring Jordyn home some day. These weeks have been feeling more like months to me, so when I am able to step back and realize it has only been a little over a week I can take a deep breath. But again so thankful for family, health and an incredible husband that stays stable and consistent in my life which is so nice when it seems so many other things are so all over the place. Jordyn did great at nursing, she latched on and stayed on for 5 to 7 minutes Mike and I watched the monitors like a hawk. But Jordyn did wonderfully with no desats or discomfort, and I knew she would, mom's always know right. :) So I plan to keep that up everyday now and hopefully one of these days I can do two or three. I feel we are getting so close yet we are so far away. Some day my whole family will be home....some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment