Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Cyst Check, 1st Follicle Check

So last Saturday I had my cyst check, I know I sound like a broken record but I hate them. My appointment was at 7:15am, I get in and called back right away. Ultrasound prep then check, all resting follicles no cysts....NO WAY!! We are done in five minutes then I go out to the desk where I am asked to pay $170. I wasn't even at the doctors office for more than 15 minutes. My first follicle check was a range of emotions, I went in at 7:45am on Sunday and was glad Mike was able to join me. We get in and notice 6 follicles on the left between 7mm to 9mm and 7 follicles on the right mostly 9mm one at 10mm and one at 8mm. The nurse came in to tell me what I already knew, "you have a lot of follicles" if they all continue to grow your cycle may be cancelled. Right then and there I get discouraged, more than anything else I do not want another cancelled cycle. I get home and start my research, when I had a cancelled cycle last time Nicole told me that the other doctor would sometimes perform a follicle reduction so that you can take out the extra follicles but leave the nice larger ones that would ovulate. She didn't say that Dr. Minjarez does that procedure but I am educating myself about it and hope I might be a candidate. I was down for the rest of the day and wondered if I should even continue on with the next ultrasound because I figured Dr. Minjarez wouldn't let me continue. But then around 12pm I got a call from one of the nurses that Dr. Minjarez wants me to do three more days of follistim injection at 75IUs. This call really took me back I had "so many follicles" why would she risk them all growing bigger? So more research, I learned that a resting follicle is between 3mm to 6mm and on cycle day 10 my largest follicle was 10mm so that is not a lot of growth in 10 days. Usually a follicle will grow about 2mm a day, so my thought is that Dr. Minjarez wants to give the follicles a chance to boost in growth and we all just pray that only one or two take charge. Personally I hope for two, I got pregnant with Kayla with two mature follicles so I feel two is my best chance. Because I still feel at risk for a cancelled cycle I have already e-mailed Lisa to ask if I can do a follicle reduction instead of cancelling. Currently I am still waiting to hear back, so I am back to being more hopeful but also realistic and again just pray I don't have to cancel so much money is put into this process and having to cancel and lose it all is not a good feeling. So I will see when I hear back from Lisa, hopefully soon and we will go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment