Kayla Lane Fye

Keeping up with Kayla as she grows. Enjoy.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 7

Crazy day today. On Friday I had called Lisa at CCRM to ask why the injections were not a part of my fertility plan. Lisa wasn't in so the other lady told me maybe it was a mistake and that Lisa would call me on Monday. So this morning Lisa called and told me that the plan was not to include injections with this cycle. I was confused, Letrozole is basically the equivalent to clomid. Mike and I tried Clomid for a full year and we had no luck. So I really didn't understand why Letrozole was our only option, I talked to Mike about it and he said to write down some questions and call Lisa back. So that is what I did, I asked her why just letrozole and what's the difference in it compared to Clomid. There wasn't a big difference in the two but Clomid thickens the cervical mucus and letrozole does not, so not much. She said Dr. Minjarez was nervous about having me do the injections because there is a higher chance of multiples. But the 10% chance of multiples with injections are the same as Clomid so I asked if we could still do the injections. Dr. Minjarez is not just nervous about multiples and a difficult pregnancy but I have an incompetent cervix and twins or more could cause miscarriage, bedrest or a higher chance of premature labor again. So we are taking the risk, we could have risked taking just letrozole and having one possible follicle to maybe implant or we are chancing having too many follicles in which Dr. Minjarez will not let us go through with an IUI. If we have more than three mature follicles we will have to end this cycle and try again another time. This is difficult because this process cost us close to $1000 and we don't have that kind of money just lying around. So we pray that it works, we pray that will not have more then three follicles, and we pray that if this works we will have a successful full term delivery.
I then later went to see Dr. Becker my Ob for my annual and she always makes me feel so much better. We talked about cerclages, she said in my situation if I become pregnant she would plan to put in a cerclage at 12 weeks. I think this is great because it's right before the second trimester and we should not have the risk of an early baby. I would be closely monitored and make sure the cerclage kept it's hold until it would be taken out at 36 weeks. I talked about Dr. Minjarez and she being worried about twins, Becker said if you get pregnant with more it will be a blessing we will put in a better cerclage and put it in even earlier if needed. She just said that if twins happen for me I should prepare myself for many many doctors appointments. She just put me at ease that if the scary happens we can still make things alright.
So after a long day a confusion and trying to figure out God's plan all on our own. (which doesn't work) I did my first injection. So I will just pray for the best, I know God will provide what we need so I will just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment